IT Perspectives on Language Learning and Research: The Case for Manc.hu
This talk thinks aloud about the possibilities students and researchers can create to deploy, share and use online text corpora. It will do so by looking at the case of www.manc.hu, an online Manchu toolkit. We will put all our instruments under scrutiny, discuss our experiences, and point out how this translates to your study, teaching and research.
Bibliography Tool: the uselessness of text without context (encounters with the Manchu Way).
Reader Tool: the flipped classroom as pedagogic empowerment, but also the laziness hidden in hyperlinks.
Corpus Tool: the linguistic value of displaying the heterogeneity of discourse modes; putting the status quaestionis to the test.
Dictionary: balancing between too much and too little definition, but also: building historical dictionaries on the go.
This talk hopes to be equally stimulating for language researchers, teachers and students.
- Mercredi 20 mai 2015, 16h-18h
- Salons de l’INaLCO
2, rue de Lille – 75007 Paris
- Hilary Chappell : email@example.com
- Hugues Feler, CRLAO, 131 bd St Michel. Tél. 01 53 10 53 71
- Manc.hu : Qing-dynasty texts spread around the world online & at your fingertips
- Monique Abud. Étudier la langue et la culture mandchoues en ligne ! ChinElectrodoc, 27 octobre 2014. URL : http://chinelectrodoc.hypotheses.org/6669