Handbook for Asian Studies Specialists
Asato, Noriko (ed.). Handbook for Asian studies specialists : a guide to research materials and collection building tools. Westport, CT: Libraries Unlimited, 2013. XXIV-466 p. ISBN : 978-1-59884-842-7.
Handbook for Asian Studies Specialists: A Guide to Research Materials and Collection Building Tools is the first work to cover reference works for the main Asian area languages of China, Japan, and Korea. Several leading Asian Studies librarians have contributed their many decades of experience to create a resource that gathers major reference titles—both print and online—that would be useful to today’s Asian Studies librarian. Organized by language group, it offers useful information on the many subscription-based and open-source electronic tools relevant to Asian Studies.
This book will serve as an essential resource for reference collections at academic libraries.or are written in English. And unlike the other resources available, this work provides the insight needed for librarians to make informed collection management decisions and reference selections.
• Represents the first work to include Chinese, Japanese, and Korean materials in one volume
• Incorporates critical information on subscription-based and open-source electronic reference tools
• Written by noted leading experts in Asian Studies librarianship
• Supplies materials in English and vernacular Asian languages
• Includes multilingual titles but provides references and citations in English
• Comprises not only a bibliography, but a guide containing key tips on how to use many reference tools