Digital Sinology and Taiwan Studies Workshop
L’Institut d’Orient de l’Académie tchèque des sciences (Prague) et le projet européen CHINET organisent le « Digital Sinology and Taiwan Studies Workshop », qui se tiendra à Prague les 23 et 24 octobre 2014.
At our international two-day workshop in Prague, leading international experts will discuss how digital methodologies can inform our research on topics ranging from Chinese linguistics, literature, cultural studies to the arts, and how the analysis of online activities can deepen our knowledge of contemporary social and cultural processes. Questions that will be addressed may include: What tools and methods are available? How have other disciplines and area studies been involved in the development and application of digital research methods? How have they explored the, as Richardson puts it, “online groundedness” of real-world processes? What are the challenges of these new developments? What are the risks and opportunities?
- Study of Sinitic Languages
- Database-aided literary and textual analysis
- Cultural production / study of cultural artefacts
- Computer-assisted methods in the study of history
- Digital tools and the investigation of socio-political issues
- Prof. Chu-Ren Huang 黃居仁 (Dean of Humanities, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, President of the Hong Kong Academy of the Humanities, President of the Asian Association for Lexicography)
- Prof. Hsiang Jieh 項潔 (Distinguished Professor, and Director, Research Center for Digital Humanities, National Taiwan University).